Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Passion

A picture of some of the Jacksons with our girls in downtown El Crucero where the church set up aThe Passion of the Christ  watch in an open market area of El Crucero. All of us who go to the church got awesome T-shirts to wear and passed out Bible tracks to the people who walked by (or who were on the buses when they stopped). It was of course an emotion and moving movie bringing many people to tears as they watched. I think more than other movies with blood and torture, this one is so much different because its TRUE. It actually happened, and more importantly, the ending wasn't changed to make it more Hollywood approachable. Jesus died, but then He ROSE and LIVES and I think without those final 30 seconds of the movie, it would be a failed attempt at describing our God.

More pictures of us enjoying ourselves before the movie started.



My only, only complaint about the night. . . and I can't believe I'm about to say it. . . words I never dreamed to come out of my mouth about Nicaragua. . . but, it was COLD! And I'm from northern Indiana, so I figure I have a fair enough judgment on cold. So don't judge me, I wasn't wearing a winter jacket like a lot of people were, but I will admit that I would have worn my zip-up if I had it with me. Really it reminded me of a fall October night at my high school football games. That kind of crisp breezy cool :) It made for good memories.
But they served coffee and cookies to everyone, and although I don't drink coffee at all EVER, I did last night. I only had about a half of a styrofoam cup full (just enough to make my blood a little warmer) because I was terrified it would keep me up all night, and thankfully it didn't!

But overall it was a great night and I hope everyone who was there was able to really think about the reason we celebrate Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment