Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bananas

Today for the first time, I rode in the back of a pick up truck. (Parents and assistant guardians do not worry, I am back in one piece. We only went about 10 minutes down the road here in El Crucero.) Despite countless trips I have taken where other people have ridden in the bed, I have always graciously and considerately given up my seat in the back open air to sit inside the cab. For whatever reason, I prefer inside, to the dusty, bumpy, windy, loud, ride outside. But really most people who come down here with teams for short term trips are thrilled by the opportunity to ride in back, so I am only being partially sarcastic. :)

But we went to pick up bananas


(we get this many for $200 cordobas, the equivalent of $9.02 US dollars) This is minus about 3 dozen that were already eaten :) We love bananas, and if I didn't regulate eating them, they could be finished within the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment