Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nicaragua is about improvising

Tonight we made 'No bake cookies!' aka Cowplop cookies :) We don't have an oven in the house, so this was what we decided on. For whatever reason, its the first time we have made them since I've been here. The only problem was that we had no cocoa- only a giant hershey's milk chocolate bar that i had been given as a gift! The only other minor isue was that I could only find one 3/4 cup measuring cup. I am pretty sure we have a set somewhere here in the house, but only the Lord knows where it is. So everything was measured in association to 3/4 cup (true to Nicaraguan style.)

But I think they turned out okay! To me they were a little too sweet and milky, but the kids all loved them!

We ended up using the milk chocolate bar and a little chocolate milk powder in place of the cocoa, and taking a little bit of milk out of what it called for. The hardest thing was that the milk chocolate didn't melt all that well (hence adding the powdered chocolate milk mix) but otherwise, I would call it a successful mission.

Here is Yorbanny with our creation (she was my primary chef assistant, although Solimar did help some too)


And more of our final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment