Monday, April 18, 2011

Lets go swimming!

We decided to enjoy the first day off of school, by going to the pool! We had a blast, and were able to take all the "big" kids so that no one was left out :) I'll tell you the truth though, I'm beat. I don't know how kids do it.

This is the "We are trying to sit and wait patiently, but why can't we leave already!" pose.

But of course, soon enough we were there and enjoying every moment! Including the delicious pbj sandwiches, cookies, chips and soda that are not part of normal meals :)





But in case you weren't quite sure if they had fun or not maybe Cecilia could convince you


Or Samari

Just a side comment: this whole bathing suit with a built in life jacket thing is great.

But more than anything, I think this picture of Luviana speaks for itself.


So I sit here slowly fading, and anticipating my sweet sleep, hoping my face doesn't turn bright red tomorrow. (I put SPF 70+ on my face when we got there, and then more about 2 hours later, and still got pink. . . i don't know if its the sun, or me, or maybe just both, but if SPF 70 doesn't cut it, I don't think I have any other options). But in addition to loving spending the day at the pool, we are all enjoying the simple unforseen blessing of the shower. Due to the lack of water at the house since Saturday (and still now), we were able to take advantage of the "must shower before entering the pool" shower and get ourselves all bathed, hair washed, and just plain clean after swimming. So who knew I could ever be anything but annoyed with those things, but here I am, truly thankful someone decided to come up with the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics, looks like the kids had a great time! Oh, and you probably don't have any other options for sunscreen other than asking God for a bottle of melanin
    : )

    ReplyDelete