Monday, July 22, 2013

Waspam: The scenery

In all my other posts about Waspam I'm sure I've commented the same things but I just can't ever feel like words accurately describe this place. It's beautiful and natural and inspiring and everything else all at once. Here is a glimpse into the landscape that makes up the North Atlantic region of Nicaragua along the Rio Coco.

From the air


 
This is the runway that the plane lands on. Don't worry, the security officers make sure all the cows and other livestock get out of the way before the plane comes. 
 
 
The huge jet plane we ride to get there! There are seats for 12 passengers (although I'm not sure I've even been on when it was completely full) and 2 pilots. 

 
 
 
The Rio Coco (Coco River) A huge source of resources to the Miskito nation. 


 
 
The homes. Houses are almost all made of wood and put up on stilts. 



 
The beautiful landscape and sky as the sun goes down. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment