Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Project Food: Day 5

Breakfast: Beans with tortillas and cheese. Mmmm I don't know why but just looking at it makes me hungry! With tea to drink.
 
 
This is the same breakfast meal, but I am not a huge fan of the cream (kind of like a sweet sour cream?) so everyone else's plates were served like this!
 


Lunch: Sopón (I think that's how you spell it). It's another variation of rice and beans but more of a soup-y form. It has a little bit different flavor to it too. I can't describe it, you just have to trust me. and with tea to drink.
 

 
Dinner: Enchiladas. These are Nicaraguan enchiladas and they are amazing. They are corn tortilla shells with rice and ground beef inside folded up and fried. There's cabbage salad on top (cabbage, carrot, and tomato with lemon and vinegar) and fresh calala juice to drink. Calala is one of my favorite types of juice. It's a yellow fruit that I don't really know how to describe. . . you can look it up :) that has a citrusy flavor when its make into juice while raw and more of a thick flavor when cooked first (plus it has cinnamon in it then too)


No comments:

Post a Comment