Friday, May 31, 2013

Project Food: Day 2

Breakfast: Gallo pinto (see day 1 :) and fried cheeeese! One of my favorite things about Nicaragua is fried cheese. I'm sure its entirely unhealthy but I don't care. I could eat it forever. I don't have the drink in the picture, but it was Orange Tang.
 

Lunch: White rice, gallo pinto, and a soy patty. Like I had mentioned, during the week we eat lunch from our feeding center where we occasionally serve a rice soy mixture. The patties are really quite delicious. You may ask why there is white rice served together with gallo pinto. . . well just refer back to the idea of spaghetti being served with rice. . . we're in Nicaragua and that's just the way its done.  

 
Dinner: Rice with Carne molida tapada. I don't know how exactly that translates but let me explain. The rice part is obvious. Carne molida is ground beef and the tapada part can be applied with whatever kind of meat you use. Its maybe like a stew sauce with ground beef, carrots, potatoes, and chayote. Pretty tasty. And served with lemon tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment