Saturday, August 4, 2012

a beautiful night

Last night was great. I mean really really great.

It wasn't great because we did anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't great because of any special visitors. It was great because it was just us, and everyone was happy :)

As I was taking in the evening, it hit me for the first time- something I know must be one of the most extreme joys of parenthood. That extreme joy that you can't really understand until you experience it. It is that joy that comes from seeing your kids, the ones that you have spent so much time and emotion pouring into, so content and so happy. I sat tonight watching all my kids, and I was so at peace. I was so happy because they were all so happy.

And who knew all this joy could come from one's backyard! Who knew that for a good couple hours you could entertain 14 kids between 3 and 17 years old with only a swing set, trees, and an 8 ft. guard wall.

It was a beautiful evening. Between the full moon and outside lights, the yard was well illuminated. After dinner Camille and I took the little ones outside to play for a while, and the older ones happened to follow (you read that correctly, based on their own desire, they wanted to be in the same place as all their little siblings :) So I made the most of it, settled myself into the lawn chair that I frequently occupy while we are outside, and just took in all the laughter and happiness that filled that space.

The big kids sitting on wall

If you look hard enough you can see 10 of the 14 :)

Tree climbing may not be the best pass time for someone who is blind, but she loves it. . .

Her favorite place

They're getting so big!

Samari and I

Camille and Leito

Playing the HA game! AH so great :)
So how to put into words such happiness that radiates from a fun night, I don't know how; or how to express the way I compared the night to one like I would experience back home in the States: a cool fall night that my family would have taken advantage of to grill out and have a fire in the pit, I can only try.

The only thing I can tell you is that nights like this are sent as a gift from God. He sends them to show a little glimpse of how Heaven must be; pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment