Saturday, June 25, 2011

the zoo???

Does Nicaragua have a zoo? I am sure you had all been wondering that for the last 10 months that I have been down here, but I have failed to tell you that YES there is a zoo down here, and I was surprised by the variety of animals that occupied it!

Wednesday a team from the States decided they wanted to bless our kids with the opportunity to spend a day out doing all sorts of adventurous activities : ) So the day started with a trip to the zoo. The kids loved it! Everyone from the oldest down to the babies got to go, and I think some of the tiniest ones were the most in awe. We went through the butterfly garden (where if you look ahead, will see that one landed on my back), we saw lions and tigers and cheetahs, and monkeys, and snakes, and birds, and rabbits, (yes, you read that right, rabbits. . .) and goats, and pumas, and crocodiles, and turtles and even more that I can’t remember. But regardless of everything we saw, it was a blast! From there the kids all went to Papa Johns (one of the few in the country!) and had pizza, plus got to play in the big jungle gym play area.

This was where my travels had to split away from the rest of the group. In order to get back in time for the English class at two, Ezequiel and I headed back up to El Crucero while the others went on another adventure.

The group is staying in an area with a swimming pool and playing areas, so they spent the rest of the afternoon swimming, doing crafts and activities, and (as far as I was told) just enjoying themselves. So although I can’t share with you pictures from the afternoon portion of the trip, here’s what we saw at the zoo :)



Do you see the little baby hanging onto its mama :)


Those rabbits! Although I will say that maybe they should be in a zoo when you don't see them otherwise in the country??



No comments:

Post a Comment