Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life back in the states

Tuesday night, my body which had happily adjusted to the 80 degree weather in Nicaragua was shocked into reality after stepping off the plane and into a 19 degree winter wonderland! Fortunately along with this bitter cold I found my parents who i was thrilled to see, and them equally excited to greet me, plus knowing i had nothing more than a long sleeve shirt, they came carrying my winter coat and a scarf! Once in the car I found a snack of grapes (a fruit so ridiculously expensive in Nicaragua we hardly ever were able to indulge in them) and crackers and cheese (real american colby jack cheese, the first I'd had in over 3 months :) On the drive home I was able to have a brief but great reunion with Joslynn and Ryan Heath (who have just come back from Nicaragua about a month ago after finalizing the adoption of their three boys!)

I of course am missing all my kiddos and friends in Nicaragua but the little girls were reassured when I explained to them that I would only be gone a month and I would be back before school had even started for the next year. Luckily I am able to talk about them all the time and it makes them feel not so far away! And it always help to have pictures of them with their gorgeous smiles :)






I'm so excited to be back and have the opportunity to spend the holidays with my family and remember how fortunate that God placed me in such a loving home with an amazing family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment