Friday, November 8, 2013

Teachers' Day Out

I'm not entirely sure who first came up with the idea of a field trip without the students, but its somewhat of a genius idea! Take off school for the day, and go somewhere fun with all the rest of the people you work with in the school, while leaving the kids home. . . sounds good to me!
We spent the day at the Islets of Granada. So in a short summary, drive to Granada, take a boat to a little island, fish, make lunch, and hang out enjoying the lake and its beautiful views. I don't know about you, but I consider that quite an enjoyable day trip.
 
 
I caught a fish! (I wasn't expecting to even fish, let alone catch something!) It was also my first time using a handmade pole (fishing line attached to a stick :)
 
 
Lake Nicaragua
 
 
The volcano on the edge of the lake.
 
 
Our boat
 
 
Our little island
 
 
 
 
Ale and I
 
 
Some of the others trying out their luck fishing
 
 
and the truck ride back home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment