Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Teeth

I somehow, without much difficulty, have managed to completely erase any moment in history when I had a loose tooth. Obviously I must have gone through the stages of loose teeth and gaps as a child but I can’t seem to remember anything about it. Now though, I am living in a house full of children going through every tooth losing stage, and the chills are slowly coming back.

I can take care of most any cut, bruise, or bump. I can clean glass eyes, and I can clean stitches, I can wipe up messes of most any kind, but the one thing I cannot do. . . is teeth. I don’t know just the sound and idea and action of losing teeth just sends shivers up and down my whole body. I will encourage wiggling and pulling on the teeth, but don’t you dare be in the same room or within listening distance when you decide you want it to come out. To every one of the kids I will say find someone else to help you pull it out then come back and I’ll sop up the blood.

The most recent tooth to come out has been Samari (yesterday morning), although Solimar, Ofelia, and Luviana are coming in close. I think Solimar’s should be the next one to pop so long as Luviana doesn’t pull hers out just for the fun of it (it’s not nearly ready yet. . . beginning stages of looseness) But this missing tooth of Samari’s creates a grand total of 4 gaps now :) It would be a cute little ‘All I want for Christmas is my FOUR front teeth’ smile except that they aren’t the main ones. The top is gap, tooth, gap and bottom has gap, tooth, tooth, gap. . . So really she just looks adorably dorky. I took this picture of her last night, it’s hard to tell, but there are definitely four holes!
 

Stay tuned for the next installments of ‘The unending tales of toothless children’

No comments:

Post a Comment