Sunday, April 15, 2012

He multiplies food.

Everyone knows the story about when Jesus and his disciples feed the 5,000 men plus their women and kids with five loaves of bread and two fish. Its one of the great miracles talked about in the Gospels. It truly is amazing to think about how food can simply multiply but I am here to witness to you about how food multiplies here in our little house in Nicaragua. I have always known that God has been multipying food here, but never had a concrete way to testify to it. There have been many times that I am sure He has multiplied our food. Being as we are, we cook for many and always like to have a little extra in case we have unexpected visitors (a not all to uncommon event) and I am constantly amazed at how while serving out the food, there is always enough and it is always plentiful. It doesn't matter what it is (although I notice it a lot with eggs) but God always stretches it to be enough.

Now though, I have a concrete story to back up my theory for anyone who may think I just make it up. God grew our hot dogs. You may laugh and think that its goofy, but it is 100% true. Mary and I were getting lunch ready of hot dogs. Hot dogs come in packages of 24. We get them at Pricemart (think like Sam's club, so real packaging, not just Nicaragua buying where you are told you have 24 but may actually get 20) and the packages come with 24 hot dogs. We buy them frequently, and thats always been the case. BUT Mary and I could just not figure out why after we had counted out all the plates of food, we had one extra hot dog. . . We counted and recounted the plates to make sure we had the right number for the people who were there, and would you know it- there were 25 hot dogs. I fully guarantee you that there were 24 hot dogs in the package and when we cooked them God multiplied it and gave us one more.

If you weren't here to see it, you still may be skeptical, but let me tell you, Mary and I are truly witnesses to a miracle. GOD gave us another hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment